Ich bin Transvestit: 'I Am My Own Wife'

Der amerikanische Autor Doug Wright hat basierend auf mit Charlotte von Mahlsdorf geführten Interviews sowie ihre Autobiografie "Ich bin meine eigene Frau" das Theaterstück I Am My Own Wife verfasst, das 2004 sowohl den Pulitzer-Preis als auch den Tony Award als "Best Play" gewann. Am 1. Juni 2006 wurde Doug Wright für sein Theaterstück I Am My Own Wife mit dem KulturPreis Europa ausgezeichnet. (Wiki)

As a child in pre-war Berlin, Charlotte von Mahlsdorf wanted to wear pretty dresses and tend to her furniture collection. She would have made a perfect hausfrau; but Charlotte was a boy. In a surprisingly provocative mix of sex, politics, and history, Charlotte shares her story of triumph over the brutalities of both the Nazis and Communists to create a dignified life as an open cross-dresser. With over 40 characters, this one-man tour de force is the winner of the 2004 Tony Award for Best Play, the Pulitzer Prize for Drama, and the Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Play. (olneytheatre)

Ich bin Transvestit: 'I Am My Own Wife'
Mehr über die Broadway Produktion
Mehr über Charlotte von Mahlsdorf auf Wiki

Keine Kommentare: